Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The Best Schools in the Country


One of the interesting aspects of living in St. Louis is the incredible passion the different areas have for their particular high school. Frankly, it really caught me off guard. Each school and its surrounding area are highly convinced that theirs is the best school - not just in the area, but in the entire country. Not a big deal to me really, I find it all highly amusing.

Especially given the report that just came out from Newsweek.

Not a single school from Missouri made the top 100. That rules out the schools in south St. Louis County...which is in Missouri. The highest ranked school in the area is #139, and the local high school, Lindbergh, is #759.

However, my alma mater is #25. In fact, 5 of the schools from that school system (Montgomery County, MD) are in the top 100. Richard Montgomery happens to be the highest ranked school. I'd like to take credit for that accomplishment personally.

On the bright side, my wife's alma mater is #573. I still win.

No comments: